A Mock Funeral at Hearthside

On Saturday, October 29th, the mock funeral of Simon E. Thornton will take place at the historic Hearthside.
The mock funeral will be conducted by a preacher giving an authentic 19th century service. Among those in attendance will be mourners dressed in period mourning attire.
  The coffin will be carried out by pallbearers to the awaiting antique hearse, followed by a grave site service in the yard.  Tours of the house and exhibit will continue until closing at 5:00 p.m.
Reservations for the funeral are suggested.  Admission is $10/person; children under 12 free.  Call 726-0597 to reserve a spot for this unique event!

1 comment:

Richard Cottrell said...

This is a very unusal reinactment. I had not thought of this. Thanks for sharing and good luck. Richard from my Old Historic House.

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...