Teaching History to our youth!

Being a living history reenactor with a passion for history is not enough. We must teach our little children and the youth to enjoy it now, to appreciate where they are going. You start them at a very early age. Now that we are in a high technology world, we need to show them the past. It will make them well rounded and ready for the future.

I am very fortunate that my young granddaughter has a passion for what I do!
She asked me to tell her what little girls did in the olden days. So I dressed her and took her back in time with me.
 Well. let me tell you.. She is a natural reenactor. I taught her old family values and what was proper for the era. She became a true young Victorian.
She is now, the youngest docent and volunteer to the Hearthside House and requested to walk with us in the 4th of July parade.


  I was a little worried at first because of the heat and the length. But her passion  for what she had learned, she walked one hour an forty five minutes, in the heat and pulling an old fashion wagon fulled with dolls and a Hearthside sign.
She helped us come in second place in the walking division of the parade. What zeal, what passion and dedication. This is what we need from our youth.

Needless to say, how proud of her I am. Here name is Jayniece Jemineze and she is seven years old.

5 comments:

Historical Ken said...

It's not only what we need from our youth, but from our grandparents as well! Congratulations Lady Estelle - you did very well!!

Mary said...

That is so wonderful. I volunteer at a history camp at the Slifer House Museum where I volunteer and I can't say how happy it makes me when I see young children develop a passion for history. You should be so proud of what you do and of what you gave to your granddaughter! :)

Patrizia said...

your granddaughter is precious & beautiful! How very sweet it is that she is following your footsteps :D

Patrizia

Mrs. V. said...

Oh she is absolutly adorable! As is your blog ~ I am compeltely charmed. :) I agree with you that we need to help children appreciate old fashioned things. It is so very important.

Lady Kara said...

Lady Estelle,

How utterly precious! Such a Little Miss! Reminds me of my daughter, lol! She is so fortunate to have you. God bless!

Lady Kara

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...