A Step Back Into A Dickens Christmas

I know it is to soon to think about Christmas, but it is my favorite time of the year. I go back in time and imagine a true Victorian Christmas. Victorians loved this time to decorate their homes, entertain the family, go for a ride in the buggy to visit the neighbors. Best of all was the carolers at the door.

This Saturday on November 26th, I went to the small town of Pascoeg, Rhode Island, where they brought those moment of Christmas past back to life. It felt like a place right out of a Charles Dickens story.
My friends and I dressed the part and went for a Victorian stroll though the streets.

The shops where all decorated and ready for the visitors to stop by and do their Christmas shopping..



There was even a puppet show going on in the street for the children to see.

My favoirte was the merry Dickens carolers. This really put me in the Christmas spirit.

                                               *Wishing all a happy and health holiday*

5 comments:

janice15 said...

That must have been quit the thing to do...I wish I could do that. I have often dream of being all dressed up Victorian... The other nite I put up my little Silver Tinsel Tree and it reminds me of that Victorian Times...It is quite nice... lovely post Happy Holiday to you .... with Love Janice

Mary said...

That sounds lovely! I always think of Dickens at Christmas time too, "A Christmas Carol" is one of my favorite books! I hope your holiday season is as lovely as this post was!

Historical Ken said...

I used to take part in the Holly Dickens Festival here in Michigan.
Unfortunately, the economy has really taken its tole on it and it's now only a shell of the way it used to be.
I'm glad you had such a great time - thanks for posting the pictures!

Petronela said...

I love your blog, your experiments are delightful and you look lovely as a proud Victorian lady. I am fascinated by old times, I am a Jane Austen admirer and Regency is one of my favorite periods in history. Congrats and kisses.

Richard Cottrell said...

You have such wonderful events you attend. I wish there was some around here. but I am afraid there is not. I just did a new post you might enjoy about an old Historic House that I just transformed for Christmas. Please drop by if you have a chance. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Richard from www.myoldhistorichouse.blogspot.com

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...