Recollection fashions at the Hearthside

The ladies of the Friends of Hearthside are greeting their guest for the American Girls Doll Tea, held on Sunday, May 2nd. It was an fun , educational and memorable afternoon. The President, Kathy Heartly and Robin Blanco Lundgren are wearing lovely fashions from Recollection Biz, a historic romantic woman's clothing and accessories reminiscent of centuries past. They specializing in Victorian and Edwardian fashions. Established in 1980. 
  I am wearing a hand made day dress with a straw bonnet from 1860, the Civil War era.
I bought my Addy, the American Girl Doll, from that era, to meet the girls and share the mantle with President Abraham Lincoln.
Not only did the little girls enjoy the tea and learn history, so did Addy and I.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Dearest Estelle,
It is a pleasure to visit your nice blog! You look so awesome in your lovely dress.

I think attending this event would have been such fun.

May you have a great week and God Bless,
d from HomeHaven

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...