Say My Name

I came across this atical and felt I had to share it with you, my readers. What a fasinating concept. Please enjoy the reading:


An African-American Family History

"To speak the name of the dead is to make him live again. . ."

Olmec Proverb



The photo is of Liza Koonce, daughter of Solomon and Cherry, born in the late 1800's.



Welcome!

Genealogy is my passion. For over twelve years, I have travelled around the United States visiting archives, libraries and relatives to dig up all the information I can find about my ancestors. I can trace my lineage back from my grand nieces and nephews to the 16th century--11 generations!



This site is for sharing information, stories and photos that I have found in my search. "Say My Name" is the title of my findings which was first published in 2003. Instead of trying to distribute it in hard copy, I am making it available online to family members and other interested parties.

Enjoy!

http://jencessa.webs.com/

1 comment:

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

How fascinating! I love genealogy, and will have to read all of this. It amazes me when people can trace their roots back so far! Thank you for sharing this great site with us!

-Pam

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...