I love a October Rain


Today was a perfect rainy day to read a book or watch a movie. So on my way to the library, I stop to watch the water flow down this little brook off Academy Ave in Providence, Rhode Island. It was so peaceful. I love the rain as it hit the top of my umbrella.
I found this little area along the Blackstone Canal that runs though the heart of the city. It's quit lovely with it's Weeping Willow trees that line the street.
It make for a scene straight out of Virginia.


As I entered my apartment, I have receive a long awaited book from a dear friend, Nancy B.Brewer. She is a great Lady, Author and Historian. She send me a signed book of Carolina Rain.
I was so thrilled. As I began to read the book, I noticed that the main character was born on this date back in 1842. What a coincidence. I began to connect with her right from the start. The book is fiction based on history. It take place during the American Civil War. The main character is a young girl, in her teens in 1860's.
I will go no farther in telling you the story. You must get Carolina Rain!

2 comments:

Lady Kara said...

You're right about the Weeping Willows and the water. Those are my absolute favorite kind of trees. What would you classify the book as? Historical fiction, romance...?

ladyestelle said...

the book is historical and a fiction.

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...