The New Year Kiss!



Why do we all kiss each other at the stroke of 12? Where did that come from?
Well after some research, here is what I found!
In some cultures, there is a tradition of kissing someone at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve. When the clock strikes twelve couples embrace for a kiss to celebrate the upcoming year. Some hold the superstition that failing to kiss someone when the ball drops ensures a year of loneliness. Whether this is true or not, most people kiss their significant other in joyous celebration of the beginning of a new year.
When celebrating at a Scottish Hogmanay party, it is custom to try and give a kiss to everyone in the room after the stroke of midnight "the bells".

No comments:

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...