Victorian Picnic at Hearthside

This was a lovely summer afternoon on the lawn of the Hearthside House in Lincoln, which I am a volunteer and member. It was my first time in reenactment. I met a heart warming group of Civil War Re-enactors with many years of experience. They made me feel right at home... I wanted to learn as mush as I could, so I asked lots of questions about reenactment of the Civil War. They were so helpful. We spent much time learning, socializing and enjoying a true step back in time.

Find more photos like this on A True Victorian/Edwardian Tea Lover's Corner

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Lady Estelle,
Enjoyed seeing the pics!
Fun to see how everyone dressed in period era.
Great post!
d

ladyestelle said...

It was an exciting afternoon.
I did not own any period clothing at that time. The ladies help me put together my attire from just clothes I had around the house.Surprisingly, everything worked out well.

Spooky Scary Witchy said...

I enjoyed seeing your pictures. This looks very interesting and must be fun to be involved with reenacting.
Have a nice evening!
Mary

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...