Historic sites along the Route

This weekend was a great adventure.I participated in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.  I spent it walking 26 miles throughout some of Massachusetts historic cities and landmarks.
It is my 8th year and every time I see something new. They change the route to make it interesting for those of us who are return Walkers.
My favorite part of the walk was down Commonwealth Avenue, at mile 8.2.in the city of Boston. Nestled in the Back Bay area is built on a land fill that covers the area where the Atlantic tides once met the Charles River. The Mall is punctuated with statuary and memorials.
What caught my eye was the Boston Women's Memorial, with statues of Abigail Adams,
Lucy Stone, and Phillis Wheatley, sculpted by Meredith Bergmann. 2003.

1 comment:

Lady Kara said...

Lady Estelle,

Sounds like a charming walk. I've never heard of Lucy Stone. I'll have to look her up. I love learning new things about history. That sculptress is very talented.

God bless,

Lady Kara

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...