Hearthside in Memorial Day Parade

Yesterday, May 30th, I marched in the Memorial Day Parade with the Friends of Hearthside.

It was 88 degrees, which was a little high for this time of the year.
We decided to keep with the theme of the "150th Commemoration of the Civil War."
We decorated our float with  a miniature version of the Hearthside House, field tents, a riffle range.





We also had our soldiers from the Civil War Reneactor group march along side the float.
As my good friend James Dodge said "Happy Memorial Day to everyone! Please enjoy yourselves, but lets not forget why we do this- Honor the memory of those who have fallen and gone before in the service of their beloved Country. Off to honor the Civil War Soldiers in Blue - two parades today Lincoln & North Providence."

1 comment:

Lady Kara said...

Lady Estelle,

Looks like you had a grand time. Great dress.

God bless,

Lady Kara

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...