History In The Makings!

           June 5th, 2011, on a lovely Sunday afternoon.
.
Dressed in 1800's -early 1900's period attire, the doscent of this historic mansion, held two Victorian tea parties for 110 young girls, ages 4 to 10, their mothers, fathers, grandparents or aunts, and their American Girl dolls.
 Over 200 years it has stood on Great Road, the stone-walled Hearthside has been a farm, a businessman's mansion and home to twelve families.This Sunday it was a dollhouse
 The girls came dressed in cute little Summer dresses and some even wore hats. The Royal family would have been so proud to see such a showing.
The tables were set with fine china, three tiered trays holding sweets and fresh fruit. What a delight!
They enjoyed their tea and treats while  Lady Estelle, with her American Girl Doll, Addie gave a presentation on tea etiquette and manners.
It was history in the makings!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love this. My American Girl dolls were so dear to me when I was a young girl. It makes me so happy to see that other little girls cherish their doll-friends as I cherished mine!

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...