The 32nd Grand Review Civil War Ball

Held on Saturday, March 26, 2011
at the Doubletree Hotel  in Milford. Mass
We enjoyed a Reception, starting at 6:00 pm-

 Everyone was stunningly dressed. The women were so elegant and the men were so stately.
 We had the pleasure of the Company of General and Mrs. Grant. I found them to be both great living history reenactors.

 It also was sure a pleasure to meet some of the members of the 54th Infantry. I have heard so much about them. "I felt honored"!

Members of the 54th Mass. Bol. Inf. Co "A" and the women of the "Colored Ladies Christian Relief Society".

 Now, the dancing begins.


It ended at 11:00 pm. What a glorious event!

5 comments:

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Oh, Lady Estelle, you look beautiful! Everyone is so finely dressed, and it looks like so much fun! Events like this must be one of the highlights of reenacting. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful evening with us all!

-Pam

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Ooooo I'm soo glad I got to see those great pictures! You look absolutely Gourgeous!!
my daughter and I are working on Regency dresses for a Canadian 1812 Ball. Your post makes me excited
to finish my gown ;-)
Blessings linnie

ladyestelle said...

It was a most educational and glorious event. I am please to share it with you. I am very happy to be an inspiration to your work on your Regency dresses. I know you will enjoy your time travel back to 1812.
I love that era also. The dresses and gowns were so comfortable and un- constrictive. No corset and tons of petticoats.

Lady Kara said...

Lady Estelle,

How glorious! You look magnificent. I'm so happy for you and wish I could have been there.

God bless!

Lady Kara

Richard Cottrell said...

I am so jealous that you all have such wonderful and beautiful functions. I wish I was closer I would love to attend. Thanks for sharing. Stop by soon to visit. Richard at My Old Victorian House, don't forget the Victorian Homes Magazine article with my house should be out soon.

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...