A Historic Walk through Providence

I do enjoy taking a morning or afternoon walk through the most historic part of my town. My favorite part is College Hill.


At the bottom of the hill sits this beautiful Church. .
The First Baptist Church in America has been on College Hill in downtown Providence since 1638,
This memorial is to recognize the Black Africans that attend and worshiped in the church in the founding days.

As you go to the top of the hill you can look down a see the center of the city which is Providence. This church and area was founded by Rodger Williams in the 1600's.
Roger Williams purchased this land from two Narragansett Chiefs, and named his settlement Providence in thanks to God.
This park is located at the top of college hill. Roger Williams Park. What a spectacular view!
I spend many quite days taking historic tours in this area.



One of my favorite new found home was the Steven Hopkins's place. It sits right on the side of the hill.




This quaint little colonial house have a well kept garden that is great  for peaceful outdoor reading.


It is charming and enchanting.

Take a walk though my town.

No comments:

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...