Happy Victoria Day!


Victoria Day is celebrated on the last Monday before or on May 24, in honor of both Queen Victoria’s birthday and the current reigning Canadian sovereign’s official birthday. It has been marked since before Canada was formed, originally falling on the sovereign’s actual birthday, and continues to be celebrated across the country on a fixed date and in various fashions, also being considered an informal mark of the beginning of the summer season.
Beginning of the summer season? Anyways…
Happy Victoria Day!

I have the day off from work and I plan to spend the day as a true Victorian. I will get dressed in my finest Victorian Spring outfit and enjoy a picnic in the park, visit an old cemetery and spend sometime at the Hearthside House. It will be a day to step back in time.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Hello! Your day sounds lovely and I wish I could walk beside you as you go to these special places.

I will have to sew me a Victorian Dress first! Perhaps I will purpose in my heart to set this as a goal.

You always look beautiful in your attire. It's a pleasure to visit your site.

God bless.
d from HomeHaven

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...