Memorial Day Greetings

Memorial Day! 
 

Memorial Day, which falls on the last Monday of May, commemorates the men and women who died while serving in the American military. Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades. Unofficially, at least, it marks the beginning of summer.
My son and I want to wish all a very happy memorial day and spend the day honoring the falling vets. We also want to take this time to remember the men who are away serving and protecting our country.

1 comment:

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Lady Estelle-

What a handsome man your son is! I thank him for his service to our great country. This is a wonderful picture of the two of you together! I hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day.

-Pam

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...