Little Christmas!

 A friend sent me this and I felt, as a good Victorian, I must share it with you. I am a Christian and I did not know of this.

Dec. 28, is the Feast of the Holy Innocents. It's in honor of the children killed by King Herod during the search for the Messiah. The Victorians called it "Little Christmas" and it was the day when the children had their parties.
 It's the perfect time for the children in the household to get in the Victorian holiday spirit by inviting friends for such old fashioned fun as hot chocolate, games of charades, card games, "dress up", hide and seek, board games, etc.

1 comment:

Richard Cottrell said...

Love your BLOG, Love Victorian. I have a new Blog you might like to see. Please drop by. myoldhistorichouse.blogspot.com. Happy New Year. Richard

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...