Colonial is in!


I bought a new 1780's  outfit to wear. It is a Colonial bodice for re-enacting. I brought it from a dear friend that truly enjoys the era.
It is the first for me. I always enjoyed the Victorian era. I find now that the American Colonial Women were quit strong and productive in the making of this country.The clothing their wore were very practical and not as restrictive as the Victorian woman's. I really enjoy wearing this outfit. It is very comfortable!

I have to get the proper stays and petticoat for this bodice.I own 5 Victorian corset which is not correct for this era. They did not start wearing corsets until the 1800's .

It so comfortable that I have decide to wear it to the park and have a private tea picnic.
I wish you all could be there with me. Have a delightful and adventurous Saturday.

2 comments:

wanderlustnpixiedust said...

Hi! I had a rare chance to explore a few blogs tonight and stumbled upon yours through the always wonderful Eastlake Victorian blog. Your site is full of the things and subjects that I love! You have a new fan and I plan to be back soon as there is so much to see. Take care!
Val

ladyestelle said...

Well, Thank you dear friend.
I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Have an adventurous day!

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...