My Birthday Tea Party in the Park 2012


For Lady Estelle, this is the big one. I know a Victorian lady never tells her age, but as I said, A BIG ONE FOR ME. I just turned 60 on June 26th 2012 and I am feeling graciously vintage. I spent the afternoon in the park having tea, socializing with old friends and meeting new friends as they pass by.


 I brought some niceties from home to enjoy my taking of tea in the style fitting for a Queen. One must have the silver, fine linens, teas, hot water, scones with jams, sweets, cheese and good baked bread. But, what makes it a fine tea is the company.
 This is my good gentleman friend Jonathan. He is a pleasure to be around.
"Such style and good breeding."

 This is Sylvia. She is a very knowledgeable woman on African American history and is successful in grant writing. I find her very simulating. She is also a member of the Rhode Island Black Heritage Society, which I belong to also.

  I was able to enjoy my guest and still have that soothing time for myself.
 My dear Jonathan.
 He loves to sing and does quite well at keeping me entertained.

 I could not think of any place I'd rather be. This was better than any birthday gift you get from the store. It was a gift of friendship tea.

 My sweet friend Phyllis.
Phyllis is the Queen of her Red Hat Society girls here in Rhode Island. She spends her winter in Florida and come home in the warm days of summer.

 In the middle of the two flowers is Sir McNiff. He is the Park Ranger for the Roger Williams National Memorial Park, which we are in. Even though he is not on duty at this time, he still is attentive to us. He is loyal to the cause.

Now, this was a surprise. This lovely lady is Kathy Hartley. She is the President to the historic Hearthside House, where I am a Docent.
It was a honor to have her drop by and wish me well on my birthday.




 It was a glorious day and I plan to do this next year.
"Having a birthday tea in the park is quite civilized."

No comments:

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...