National Reenactor Public Dress Up Day.


National Reenactor Public Dress Up Day:
All reenactors and living historians, of all time periods, are invited to wear period clothing for the entire day. Be proud of your part in bringing history to life!
Network: Global

Start Time: Wednesday, 14 April 2010 at 00:00

End Time: Thursday, 15 April 2010 at 00:00

Location: The world!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=418027730466



I spent the day reenacting the 1880s Victorian Lady. I visited some of the historic sites in Providence , left fliers for upcoming events at Hearthside and then relaxed in an old friends home for photos and dinner. It was a fun and educational day.

 What was the public's reaction?

The older ladies in the Stop&Shop stopped me to adore my outfit and thanked me for the time to remember the olden days. A group of school girls yelled from the bus window joys of seeing the pretty lady on the street. They all waved and praised my outfit.
Visited the Roger Williams Visitors Center and received a warm welcome and a free tour. The day turned out to be quit educational for me as well.

 

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Dear Estelle,
Your lovely dress looks gorgeous on you! Beautiful material.

What a great way to style yourself for the day. I think I would have loved doing this as well as seeing others dressed up and walking about the town. Great fun!!!

Glad to be able to see your post today.

God Bless,
d

Gloria Rodriguez said...

Sure it was a wonderful day. Not for least, wear a dress like that is a privilege. I love the look. Blessings

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...