A Movie you must see!

Last night I laughed and mostly cried watching the movie Glorly.
Glorly is a 1989 American drama film based on the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry told from the point of view of its commanding officer, Robert Gould Shaw during the American Civil War. The 54th was one of the first formal units of the U.S. Army to be made up entirely of African-Amerian men (apart from the officers).











 
This movie was sad, knowledgeable and consoling. I enjoy learning history, but it sometimes can hurt my sole.
This story is a clear part of my history. The past is to live and go forwards, always to look back, learn and grow.As an reenactor of the Civil War, I get to learn, feel and live my history. I feel fortunate!





As a young girl, I just wanted to wear the beautiful Ball Gowns of the era. I dreamed of the day  attending my first Military Ball.
I would enter in grand style. After seeing this movie I realized that many before me prepair my way for a gracious life. I am free, educated and honored.

No comments:

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...