My Adventure to Brimfield

If you love Antiques as I do then you would love a trip to Brimfield, Mass.
http://www.brimfield.com/ 
Brimfield Massachusetts is the site of the largest outdoor antique show in New England,I had the pleasure of going to Brimfield yesterday, Wednesday July 14th. I walked though miles and miles of isles fulled with antiques and lots of crazy stuff.


Brimfield is considered the largest outdoor antique show in the country.  There are approximately 5000 dealers in 21 different show venues (often referred to as fields).  The show geographically covers one mile on each side of Route 20.  The show runs Tuesday through Sunday 3 times a year in May, July, and September.
There is no central point of contact for the show as it is operated by promoters that lease booth space to dealers from all over the world.   I can say it was an adventure.
My girls friends who attened this with me had a list of what they were looking for.
Being this was my first time being there, I had no clue what to look for.


 Well, after being there over 2 hours, I found it or it found me. "It was a beautiful Victorian union".


I found this lovely Black Velvet Victorian Hat. I would say late 1880's. This is truly a great find! It is a little tatted and torn, but wears well. As You can see here
I can't wait to make my first grand entrance wearing this hat.

They say the women makes the hat, but I say "this hat makes me"!



BRIMFIELD ANTIQUE
AND FLEA MARKET SHOWS


Show Dates for 2010
May 11-16   July 13-18  Sept 7-12
Show Dates for 2011
May 10-15   July 12-17  Sept 6-11

1 comment:

ladyestelle said...

Have anyone ever had a Brimfield experience?

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...