First step to my sewing project


I know I had mention that I wanted to start making my own Victorian clothes. Well it no time like the present. The first thing I had to do was uncover my sewing machine and place it in a workable area. Believe it or not this beautiful doll display is covering a well working Singer, which has been covered for 2 years.
When I moved into this small apartment, didn't want to take up the room to sew.I had to really sit down a think how I was going to make space for this project. Well, where there is a will, there is a way!




I spend a lot of time at my desk and computer, so I incorporated the the two together. I will be motivated to sew every time I sit at my deck. It works well and looks good also. I am very pleased with the transformation.



The second thing I did was decide how big of a project do I want to take on. It has been many years sense I have sat down and sown, so I don't want to get over whelmed. I will start small and some thing easy. I ordered a 1870s Tie Apron overskirt from Truly Victorian to start with.

I will wait until the pattern comes in 2 days to decided on the material. If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate the help. You can email me or add it as a comment to this post.

No comments:

September Tea Travel

 I am happy to say my tea time travels are on it's way. I have decided to visit as many tea shops and salons as I can. Will be looking t...